POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dragon Cave Take 3 (40kbu) : Re: Dragon Cave Take 3 (40kbu) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 20:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dragon Cave Take 3 (40kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 25 Aug 2001 06:37:16
Message: <3b877fdc@news.povray.org>
"Bob H." <omn### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> Debris scattering looks okay to me.  Dragon is very dark but I'm guessing
> with fire there it would be lit more.  You could put the light_source
alone
> in for testing and that shouldn't be too much of a slowdown.

Using a simple cylinder to get correct location and direction for the fire.
I'll add a fairly dim
light to the fire. I don't want the dragon too bright.

> Oh yeah, guess the caption requires a dark, as of yet, unseen dragon...

Shadowy barely seen figure

> Could be a perfect animation.  Fire billowing out and illuminating it as
the
> guy turns to see.

Please don't ask. I can barely render the still at the moment (memory
requrements)

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.          Babylon 5 *
* Just think of me as the storm before the calm     Magic: The Gathering*