POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Animation of Fighter Aircraft (732KBbu) : Re: Animation of Fighter Aircraft (732KBbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 05:26:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation of Fighter Aircraft (732KBbu)
From: PatchWerk
Date: 24 Aug 2001 00:13:17
Message: <3b85d45d@news.povray.org>
> A real beauty.  Wings are rather thin though, don't know if you have
trouble
> getting thickness for them or if it was intended.  Any normals used?  I
> couldn't tell.  Nice jet anyway.
>
> Bob H.

Yeah, I've since fixed the wings... was using a single bezier patch object
in Moray,  but when it came time to add markings, etc... needed to use a
second object so that the image maps didn't "bleed through" to the
underside. As far as the normals... I did use surface normals, mostly on the
titanium components (flaps, etc)... basically, created all of the textures
I'd need, then created a material map GIF in PSP. My only issue now is to
cut a hole in the cockpit and add a pilot and instrumentation... figgered
I'd get everything done in Moray, export, and pull a clipped_by on the
forward cockpit using an inverted lathe object.