POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Dragon cave take 2 (33kbu) : Re: WIP Dragon cave take 2 (33kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Dragon cave take 2 (33kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 23 Aug 2001 02:44:36
Message: <3b84a654@news.povray.org>
"Marc-Hendrik Bremer" <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message

> Well uhm, it's been a while since I wrote my last iso-statement. But as
far
> as I know, those spots appear because the rays "slip through" the surface
> and goes on until Pov decides it's hitting the background. Please try it,

Tried last night with a red background. The spots stayed black. However I
now don't
think that they are max-gradient problems. I pushed the max gradient from 20
up to 500 and the spots stayed the same.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.          Babylon 5 *
* Just think of me as the storm before the calm     Magic: The Gathering*