POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : moray 2 dxf : Re: Moray2dxf, 3dWin and TrueSpace Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:35:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray2dxf, 3dWin and TrueSpace
From: Angbandit
Date: 21 Aug 2001 10:47:07
Message: <3b82746b@news.povray.org>
You sound like a knowlegable fellow so let me ask you this.  I use Moray for
anything and everything I can think of... but the one thing I can't get it
to do is make decent landforms... not heightfields but more like...
something you would get if you exported out of Leveller.  Lately, whatever I
get out of Leveller and put into Moray doesn't seem to want to render in
POVray.  I use 3dWin to transfer from a dxf to a Povray/Moray format.  Used
to work for older versions of moray when I went from dxf to raw.  Now it
just calls me dumb and ignores me.  I guess what I would like to do is make
a mesh landform that I can put neat little Moray structures on (yes, I am
trying to make a myst-like game).  Any advice or am I better of waiting for
the Moray export/import plugin?