POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Dragon cave take 2 (33kbu) : Re: WIP Dragon cave take 2 (33kbu) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 20:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Dragon cave take 2 (33kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 21 Aug 2001 08:17:17
Message: <3b82514d@news.povray.org>
"Marc-Hendrik Bremer" <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message

> I really know what you mean. I have the same problem in my scenes. I think
> I'll have to leave realistic human beings to those who have real skills in
> this field. Poser helps a little, but when it comes to clothing I'm stuck
> what I find on the web an it's often not so flexible.
> Clothsim might help with some dynamic clothes like coats and such, if
there
> is not to much interaction with the actual body. So Ingos's suggestions
> might work.

I use Rhino a lot for modelling (the helmet was created in rhino) so
modelling clothes is possible,
but takes quite a long time. If I'm lucky poser will have the style of
clothing I'm thinking
of and if not, a sleeveless shirt shouldn't take too long to model (I hope)

> Well uhm, it's been a while since I wrote my last iso-statement. But as
far
> as I know, those spots appear because the rays "slip through" the surface
> and goes on until Pov decides it's hitting the background. Please try it,
> I'll gladly hear that I'm wrong.

Will do.

> A partial render of the scene should
> suffice, if it takes to long (BTW how long does this scene take to
render?).

With all the objects at 512*384 (my normal working resolution) aa0.3  about
25 min

With area lights, 800*600 aa0.1 almost 2 hours. Athlon 1GHz

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.          Babylon 5 *
* Just think of me as the storm before the calm     Magic: The Gathering*