POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Dragon cave take 2 (33kbu) : Re: WIP Dragon cave take 2 (33kbu) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 20:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Dragon cave take 2 (33kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 21 Aug 2001 05:59:56
Message: <3b82311c@news.povray.org>
"Marc-Hendrik Bremer" <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message

> Regarding the walls: I would suggest a granite pigment function or some
> wrinkles or both. The right scaling is most important. If I look at the gc
> version, I would suggest to play a bit with the finish statement - looks a
> bit like plastic.

Thaks I'll try that.

> I think what's really missing is some action in the scene. The dragon is
> far away to introduce it and even with those flames out of his mouth he
> looks like he could stand that way for ever and ever. Do you plan to add a
> knight or something like that in the foreground?

Not a knight. The story is a couple of treasure hunters are searching for
the dragon's
treasure, not realising that the dragon is still around. I thought about
adding a person
in the foreground, but I'm scared that it's going to ruin the scene. I don't
think my poser/modelling
skills are up to creating a person in medieval style clothing

> Those black spots don't look like max-gradient problems to me, but I may
> well be wrong. If in doubt try setting the background color to a bright
> green - if IIRC those spots should show the BGColor as well.

?? I know max-trace problems leave spots in the BGColor, I thought
max-gradient
problems just left holes in the isosurface

Thanks
Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.          Babylon 5 *
* Just think of me as the storm before the calm     Magic: The Gathering*