POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Dragon cave take 2 (33kbu) : Re: WIP Dragon cave take 2 (33kbu) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 20:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Dragon cave take 2 (33kbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 21 Aug 2001 04:49:03
Message: <3b82207f$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I like your scene. I lacks a bit that special mood, I would expect with
those scenes but that might come later. You'll have to play with the
lighting - that pic is far to dark without gamma correction on my monitor
and with gc lacks contrast IMO.

Regarding the walls: I would suggest a granite pigment function or some
wrinkles or both. The right scaling is most important. If I look at the gc
version, I would suggest to play a bit with the finish statement - looks a
bit like plastic.

I think what's really missing is some action in the scene. The dragon is to
far away to introduce it and even with those flames out of his mouth he
looks like he could stand that way for ever and ever. Do you plan to add a
knight or something like that in the foreground?

Those black spots don't look like max-gradient problems to me, but I may
well be wrong. If in doubt try setting the background color to a bright
green - if IIRC those spots should show the BGColor as well.

Hope I could be of some help,

Marc-Hendrik