POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GI test. No radiosity - just light dome. : GI test. No radiosity - just light dome. Server Time
17 Aug 2024 20:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  GI test. No radiosity - just light dome.
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 20 Aug 2001 23:58:20
Message: <3b81dc5c@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I was just experimenting with using a dome of low powered point lights
instead of radiosity, and here is the resulting image.

The small image shows the placement of the light grid.

Unfortunately, I placed the lights using a couple of #while loops, and this
leads to more lights being grouped together directly above the scene. Anyone
know how to code a geodesic dome kind of thing, so the lights are evenly
spaced? The code should easily allow for using a small number of lights for
test renders, and then upping the number of iterations (?) for final
renders.

I quite like the effect anyway, although even 100% jpeg is unkind to the
smooth areas.

Andy Cocker

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'GI-test-show-grid.jpg' (6 KB) Download 'GI-test.jpg' (54 KB)

Preview of image 'GI-test-show-grid.jpg'
GI-test-show-grid.jpg

Preview of image 'GI-test.jpg'
GI-test.jpg