POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Motorbike headlight : Re: Motorbike headlight Server Time
17 Aug 2024 20:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motorbike headlight
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 20 Aug 2001 13:26:56
Message: <3b814860@news.povray.org>
"Tilly" <web### [at] tabsnetde> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just started to create a Motorbike. But I have no (good) Idea to create
> texture for the glas of the headlight. Any tips?

Hmmm... synchronicity at work here I think, for i've recently been
considering such an attempt myself. My own thoughts on the headlamp would be
to use a height_field for the outer 'displacement' of the glass (I take it
that's what you mean by 'texture'?). A simple glass finish should suffice.

Looking really good by the way. Are you going to keep an extremely high
level of detail for engine/brake components etc?

I suggest a pearlescent paint job! That should cause you a few headaches ;-)

All the best,
Andy Cocker