POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : brick arch macro : Re: brick arch macro Server Time
17 Aug 2024 20:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: brick arch macro
From: Bonsai
Date: 20 Aug 2001 05:49:24
Message: <3b80dd24$1@news.povray.org>
> Nice, i have a couple of suggestions:
>
> - Use optionally non-parallel bricks (so the mortar is not broader at the
> outside)

Already planned. I have also some other features in mind.

> - Allow also other objects like rounded boxes, isosurfaces, etc.

Maybe after I did the non-parallel bricks.

> - Have some random variation of the single bricks

You can define the texture of the bricks and the mortar as a parameter. It
is not seen very well on the example picture I've posted because of the jpg
compression and the small image size. I also tried to define some randomness
with the rand()-function but with no success until now.

> - allow longer arches with multiple bricks along the length

You can define the length of the arch with the first parameter. I don't know
if the English word "span" is a right translation of the German word
"Spannweite" in the field of architecture. Maybe there is a better
translation. An other parameter that has an effect on the number of bricks
is the brick height. If you mean that it would be useful to have more rows
of bricks to make the arch thicker this is also a planned feature.

Thanks for the comments,

Bonsai