POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Finally back to POV : Re: Finally back to POV Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finally back to POV
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 13 Aug 2001 16:26:20
Message: <3b7837ec@news.povray.org>
"David Fontaine" <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote in message
> Clouds look awesome!  Must be real slow with all that media.

Thank you, they took 10hrs at 800*600 with aa0.3 and radiosity on, although
with the media switch off, now that's really really slow if you turn it on.

> Not sure what you're doing for water, but you could try a ridged
> multifractal in MegaPOV.

That's what I'm using, it's more the material that's the problem, doesn't
seem to look right in this scene, but I've been playing a bit so we'll see
how it looks now.

> Wish I had a "new speedy PC"... the next computer we get will likely be
> my computer that I take to college.  So we could get a 1.4GHz Athlon and
> I would be stuck with it for many years, or I could wait a while for say
> a 2GHz Athlon and it won't be quite so obsolete five years from now. ;)

Well I've got 1.333Ghz, nice jump from my 133Mhz actually POV's at 20times
the speed. I've already managed to slow it back down to about 5pps though,
oh well, that would have been about 0.25pps on my old machine :)