POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Web page beta release (~30k) : Re: Web page beta release (~30k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web page beta release (~30k)
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 10 Aug 2001 12:42:39
Message: <3b740eff@news.povray.org>
> > Btw, what do you think about downloading time?
> > I use PNG instead of JPG, because it's much prettier,
> > is it worth the wait?
>
> Well, it actually doesn't take very long even on my slow 56K connection,
so
> I guess it's OK. However, I'm nor sure all browsers support png.

Yes.. that's true, but it's only older browsers that don't.
If I'm not mistaken, Netsacpe was the first one to include it in version 4.x
something, I'm not sure if IE4 supports it, but IE5 does. And Opera does
too, of course :)
If someone run with IE3 or something, I think it would be smart to download
a new broswer anyway! (Opera is only a ~5mb download!)

Peter
http://hertel.no/peter