POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : OT - need help tracking a (few) bug(s) in my little raytracer (C++) : Re: OT - need help tracking a (few) bug(s) in my little raytracer (C++) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OT - need help tracking a (few) bug(s) in my little raytracer (C++)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Aug 2001 18:46:16
Message: <3b71c138@news.povray.org>
In article <52a3ntc43mlkpp85jvf1g18pmian504003@4ax.com> , Peter Popov
<pet### [at] vipbg>  wrote:

> Unfortunately, no. Even if I remove any and all transformation code
> from CBox::Intersect (or CSphere::Intersect) and only use
> untransformed primitives, they render incorrectly.

You are scaling vectors to unit length in some places.  You should really
not have such side effects in your code.  If you remove it at least
debugging should be easy.  After all, a sphere/ray intersection isn't that
hard to debug if you are sure your vectors work without side effects.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde