POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : OT - need help tracking a (few) bug(s) in my little raytracer (C++) : Re: OT - need help tracking a (few) bug(s) in my little raytracer(C++) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:27:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OT - need help tracking a (few) bug(s) in my little raytracer(C++)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Aug 2001 14:31:43
Message: <3b71858f@news.povray.org>
In article <3B718365.C2F57AE1@comtrade.ee> , Vahur Krouverk
<vkr### [at] comtradeee>  wrote:

> Hmm, are you sure in it? Generally such expression
> x=y*z;
> should not modify y or z, but your proposal will change y. I guess that
> you confuse operator * with operator *= in this case?

I have to admit that I am not absolutely sure as I usually write operators
like *, /, + outside the class.  I don't have the time to look it up in the
standard right now (nor the time to compile his code), but it would explain
why even simple transformation don't work (as Peter said).  Of course, I
assume Peter is calculating the correct transformation matrix.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde