POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP take2 : Re: WIP take2 Server Time
17 Aug 2024 22:15:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP take2
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 8 Aug 2001 07:55:26
Message: <3b7128ae@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote in message

> > See I do listen to your comments. I've modified the mountains, the water
and
> > added a sky. Still alot to add
> > the pic will be vaguely based on the celtic lord of the hunt myth.
>
> The background it's really nice now. The new lighting is also better.
> But I liked a bit more the composition for the foreground on the first
> one, was more simpler but peaceful. Perhaps bcos there are fewer
> vertical stones? The water is better also, but now it seems too flat.
> Finally, the animal seems unreal, as a statue. Perhaps bcos it is
> jumping over an inexistant obstacle?
>
> Well, anyhow it is going very nicely, and promises a good entry.

Thankyou.

Unfortunately the rocks in the original were randomly placed and the code
has changed, so there's no way back. Now they are placed using a pigment
map, eval_pigment and trace. (quicker than placing them by hand - just)
I agree about the water I have some (for me) tricky coding to do to get that
right - it's on the to do list.

The Stag is rearing up and will have a figure on it's back - the lord of the
hunt.

Mick