POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Animation : Re: Animation Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation
From: Bob H
Date: 4 Aug 2001 21:20:48
Message: <3b6c9f70@news.povray.org>
"Renato Oliveira" <war### [at] bolcombr> wrote in message
> What is the simplest way to set POV-Ray to render the frames of the
> animation and how to use the keyword clock?
> I read the documentation but I just can't get right.

The very simplest form would go something like this (for Windows platform).

Your pov scene file contains the following, for example:

light_source {<10,10,-10>,1}

camera {location -5*z look_at 0}

box {-1,1 pigment {rgb 1} rotate clock*360}

That sort of tumbles the box primitive in all 3 axes, or you could choose
one as in clock*360*y.  The 360 is degrees and for a full rotation.  The
basic idea is clock will run from one number to the next interpolating
inbetween depending on what values you gave for them.   But wait!  To get it
going you still must do the next step.

Press the Ini button on the toolbar and type +ki0.0 +kf1.0 +kfi1 +kff10 into
the Command field then render.  Then press Render.  The animation frames (#1
thru #10) will output to your default folder (directory) having clock going
from 0 to 1.

Alternatively, and the best thing to do IMHO, use a ini file to set up the
whole thing with all the parameters you might need.  You can create one in
POV's editor and save as animate.ini into the \POV-Ray\renderer\ folder,
opening it for use with a scene file later via that Ini button.
The ini syntax is Initial_Clock=0.0 Final_Clock=1.0 Initial_Frame=1
Final_Frame=10 (each on their own line).  Once you learn more about it you
can add/change things, just read about it in the Output Options|Animation
section of the Scene help doc.

Bob H.