POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP : Re: WIP Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:09:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 3 Aug 2001 23:21:58
Message: <3b6b6a56@news.povray.org>
"Sander" <san### [at] stolscom> wrote in message
news:MPG### [at] NEWSPOVRAYORG...
> In article <3b6ac738@news.povray.org>, Ben Chambers says...
> >
> > Personally, I think it's from the "painted" look - it looks so much
> > like a painting, its hard to tell its raytraced (that could be a
> > good or a bad thing :)  As someone pointed out, some shadows could
> > help, but overall its an excellent image :)
> >
> > ...Chambers
> >
> That it looks like a painting is quite an achievement, IMO!
>
> --
> Regards,  Sander

I agree, it is quite an accomplishment.  Whether its good or bad
depends on what the author was trying to achieve, though :)  What
would happen if he were trying to make it photorealistic, and I
told him he had made an excellent representation of a painting? :)

...Chambers