POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP : Re: WIP Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 3 Aug 2001 07:39:11
Message: <3b6a8d5f@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the kind comments

I agree with comments about lighting, the fog seems to kill it. The
mountains are in sunlight the ground slightly blurred by a low mist - a
common sight in British mountains, from which I draw much of my inspiration.
I will have to play some more. All the objects are placed randomly, more or
less, some are placed according to height, some according to a pigment
pattern and some according to an image map.

I will place some objects strategically by hand but only at the last.

The water has given me nothing but problems - radiosity seems to make
colours very unpredictable, which can be very exciting when something
unexpected happens but irritating when you can control it.

The image has a Tolkeinish air but I don't really want to go down that road,
I'll keep thinking.

Thanks all

Mick