POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Site + Rad slowdown : Re: New Site + Rad slowdown Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Site + Rad slowdown
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 2 Aug 2001 06:36:19
Message: <3b692d23$1@news.povray.org>
> I get this really narly blank page.

That's intended, I like to go for a artistic minamilest design when building
web pages.

>(No, I don't care for flash at all).

I know some people don't, why not for you? It's true that there are a lot of
poorly implimented flash sites out there with nothing but cheesy animations
and sounds and no content. But a well executed flash site can take your
breath away, take a look at this one:

http://www.gabocorp.com/bumper.4/

Have your speakers on!

> Perhaps a non-flash imagemapped version would be just as effective?

Perhaps when I have everything finished I will do that. But so far the flash
version is comming along nicely for me so it might be a while before I get
the non flash one up. The whole site will not be in flash.