POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Irtc WIP Dragon Cave (30kbu) : Irtc WIP Dragon Cave (30kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Irtc WIP Dragon Cave (30kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 2 Aug 2001 04:38:51
Message: <3b69119b@news.povray.org>
I decided to go for the classic sword and sorcery, D & D fantasy setting.

Still to come -  Footprints, a sword, a treasure pile, a more detailed cave
wall and the ocupant of the
cave.

The floor was an isosurface but I was taking over 6 hours to render in
512*384 so I converted
it to a height field. The pebbles and coins are placed using Jonathan
Ghiglia's clutter macro
The cave walls and columns are isosurfaces. The helmet was modelled in
rhino. The bones are
free models from the net (probably 3dcafe but I don't remember)

I need to do some more work on textures, specifically adding scorch marks to
the helmet and bones

Comments?

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.          Babylon 5 *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *

Attachments:
Download 'Dragons.jpg' (29 KB)

Preview of image 'Dragons.jpg'
Dragons.jpg