POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : 64 bit or 32 bit? : Re: 64 bit or 32 bit? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:33:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 64 bit or 32 bit?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Aug 2001 19:00:21
Message: <3b688a05@news.povray.org>
In article <3B6### [at] gmxnet> , Thomas <tho### [at] gmxnet>  wrote:

> I finally managed to get the IBM xlc compiler on AIX to compile povray

BTW, does the AIX compiler still generate XCOFF files?  And does it have a
32-bit XCOFF option?  I am asking because if it does, could you run the
3.1gx code through it?  I can link XCOFF files on the Mac and maybe xlc code
is already faster than CodeWarrior code - having the compiled code in XCOFF
format would make things a lot easier than using the Metaware compiler...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde