POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Intersect_Plane in planes.c : Re: Intersect_Plane in planes.c Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:38:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Intersect_Plane in planes.c
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Aug 2001 13:05:01
Message: <3b6836bd@news.povray.org>
In article <jjbgmts2tkrhkqh0lb8dn5i5i5n97hfnak@4ax.com> , Peter Popov
<pet### [at] vipbg>  wrote:

> *Depth = -(0+5)/1 = -5

I haven't really looked at any of your code, but I am confident that the
plane intersection algorithm works.  So the only obvious explanation is that
the code does actually do line/plane rather than a ray/plane intersection.
I assume later on only positive values will be used.

Of course, without looking at the code (which I have no time to do right
now) this is just a guess - nothing more, nothing less.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde