POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Site + Rad slowdown : Re: New Site + Rad slowdown Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:09:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Site + Rad slowdown
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 31 Jul 2001 00:46:18
Message: <3b66381a$1@news.povray.org>
well, if you wanted to ditch flash....

you could cut up the image into many peices  (maybe you have to do this for
flash anyway), then have a few javascript functions to load the alternate
images for mouse overs, and then you could also specify the OnMouseExit or
whatever the actual handler name is, in order to get the image to "reset"
properly.

I agree that the navigation would be difficult for people new to the site.
there are no obvious visual cues for what the user should do, or that they
should in fact do anything at all.