POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Site + Rad slowdown : Re: New Site + Rad slowdown Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Site + Rad slowdown
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 30 Jul 2001 16:39:23
Message: <3b65c5fb@news.povray.org>
<snip>

> Furthermore the additional text objects will slow down things a bit too.

Yes I've noticed that text objects are very slow, why is that? I guess I
could improve the speed by importing text meshes from Rhino, amazing that
complex meshes would actually be faster than native text objects. I noticed
that the slowdown was uniform, that is it did not slow down significantly
while rendering the text objects but was even slow while rendering the
blanks white spaces, could this be the result of the ior,rad problem?