POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A cloud, perhaps an IRTC WIP : Re: A cloud, perhaps an IRTC WIP Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A cloud, perhaps an IRTC WIP
From: Tek
Date: 26 Jul 2001 14:06:39
Message: <3b605c2f@news.povray.org>
Geoff Wedig <wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote in message
> Beautiful.  The left edge looks a little strange near the bottom.  Not
> certain what's going on with that.  The bottom edge also looks somewhat
> abrupt.  Flat is ok, but it's awfully solid, I think.  How did you get the
> top to be fluffy like that?  Can you give some hints as to what kind of iso
> you used?

Well, it will probably be used in my next IRTC entry, which will have full
source. I'm hesitant to say too much more than that (not wanting to give away my
secrets!), but the fluffyness comes from bozo with turbulence of 4.

You're right about the bottom edge, the various isosurface functions don't quite
work together at that point, and it seems to curve up. I'm sure I can fix it
with a bit of fiddling :). The fact that it looks so solid is intentional,
that's what the clouds looked like that day when I was driving home from work.
It's also how fantasy clouds look to me.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com