POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : splines and animation : Re: splines and animation Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:10:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: splines and animation
From: Anoop Kumar
Date: 23 Jul 2001 12:13:03
Message: <3b5c4d0f@news.povray.org>
Hi Marc,

marc ferguson wrote in message <3b5b2f49@news.povray.org>...
>Right,
>
>I'm kinda confused about this...
Suggest you look at the animplugin docs
(http://xan-der.tripod.com/AnimPluginContents.html

  What I want is this...I place a point, then
>another point and as i place a point, it connects to the point before it,
>then A selected object of my choice moves along this line... (the line is
>curve) so its like a cubic spline that you draw...i think...I forgot to
>mention that i dont know the first thing about splines etc.  It's a
feature
>in truespace.  If anybody knows the first thing about what im talking
about
>then mail me back.

Well, actually, if talking about the mikebspline plugin
(www.stmuc.com/moray/meplugins.html) it works a bit different:
First clicking on it creates a ready spline - whose components you then
manipulate.
On the other hand, if using Piper, it does work quite like that. Of course,
in a cubic spline, the first and last points are control points (These
would be equivalent, in a way, to the green points/lines in TS which you
use to control the curvature of the point. You could read the povray docs
for more detail.

Hope this helps

Regards,
-Anoop