POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YMPRF (Take 2) : YMPRF (Take 2) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  YMPRF (Take 2)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 22 Jul 2001 17:14:32
Message: <3b5b4238@news.povray.org>
Well I finally gave in and added a light source to this image. I tried for
about a week to render this using high quality settings but everything I
tried made the artefacts worse. At an error_bound of 0.08 it starts to look
extremely mottled, though the artefacts are definitely smaller. I could
probably get rid of them completely by taking the error_bound below 0.01 and
if I didn't mind spending a month rendering the sucker. I think I might make
a poster out of this version though. The original was rendered at 1280x1024.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'trail.jpg' (88 KB)

Preview of image 'trail.jpg'