POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : splines and animation : Re: splines and animation Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:37:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: splines and animation
From: Anoop Kumar
Date: 22 Jul 2001 12:49:58
Message: <3b5b0436@news.povray.org>
Jamie Davison wrote in message ...
>On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:29:29 +0100, marc ferguson wrote...
>> Is there a moray plugin to work along with Xander's plugin which allows
you
>> to draw a spline pathand make an object follow that path????
>
>Not so much drawing a spline, but if you set keyframes for an object, and
>select cubic interpolation, the object will (I think) follow a cubic
>spline between the keypoints.

Perhaps you could try the mikesbspline plugin - setting the spline created
as the 'object' in the anim-plugin dialogue (and, perhaps, trial and
error:-)) Sorry, but I'm no expert, least of all in animation (still at the
stills stage )
Alternatively you could perhaps use Piper util
(www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/pines/8625) and export to Moray.
And use it as a base along with Jamies' suggestion, perhaps.

Regards,
-Anoop