POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A cloud, perhaps an IRTC WIP : Re: A cloud, perhaps an IRTC WIP Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A cloud, perhaps an IRTC WIP
From: Tek
Date: 21 Jul 2001 08:54:54
Message: <3b597b9e@news.povray.org>
Andrea Ryan <ary### [at] global2000net> wrote in message
> Put the cloud over a heightfield so it would cast a shadow onto a
> rounded mountain then it should look beautiful and cool.  My former
> earth science teacher would love this cloud since its bottom is flat
> like those of real clouds.

Well, I was doing research on clouds at work, so I've aquired a lot of knowledge
about them :) For example: my image shows a fair weather cumulus, formed on a
sunny day by moisture rising in a thermal.

> This is the best looking cloud I have seen
> posted here.  How about trying to make a thunderhead out of it?

Should be quite possible. The cloud's isosurface formula is partly based on
blobs, so I can move them around to acheive the desired form. Though a true
cumulo nimbus ("anvil" cloud) would probably take a lot of blobs, and a looong
time to render!

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com