POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Update for the Mac version of MegaPOV available : Re: 68k str() bug Server Time
1 Jun 2024 18:05:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 68k str() bug
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 21 Jul 2001 05:09:11
Message: <3b5946b7@news.povray.org>
In article <3B57F480.6555642D@aol.com> , nickshea64 <nic### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

> I think I have found a bug with str() on a Mac 68k.

Unfortunately we no longer have any 68K Macs to test or verify if this is a
bug or not.  No similar problem has been reported, and 3.1 has been release
three years ago.

You could try to use the (much slower) version without FPU support and see
if it shows the same problem.  If the problem goes away then just use the
non-FPU version.

The other option is to use a Power Macintosh (even models with PCI bus, such
as a 7200 should be available for less $100 these days).  It would also
allow you to run future versions of POV-Ray as 3.1 is the last release to
support 68K Macs.

Sorry for not being able to offer more help or verify your problem,

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.