POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lots of questions about a sunset scene ? (40 kb) : Re: Lots of questions about a sunset scene ? (40 kb) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lots of questions about a sunset scene ? (40 kb)
From: Renato Oliveira
Date: 20 Jul 2001 23:26:59
Message: <3b58f683@news.povray.org>
Simon <sim### [at] surfeude> wrote:
> > 1 - Reflection of the sunlight on the water is fine or too artificial?
> It's fine but you should use a circular area_light.

I don't know how to make such light source, any tutorial available( or
example)? I don't realy understood how it works after look the
documentation.

> > 2 - The sun sphere is believeble? Ideas?
> IMHO the sun is to dark.

That was easy to change : )

> > 3 - Colors of the sky is okay?
> The color should be orange near the sun and fade into dark blue.

I changed that but the water reflection got totaly crazy and unpredictable.
The reflection looks like a grainy blue/orange water. I'll try tweaking the
reflection and water transparency values.

I'm wondering if I should post this on the newuser's...

But thanks for the sugestions