POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sun behind cloud: test of media/light color interaction : Re: Sun behind cloud: test of media/light color interaction Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sun behind cloud: test of media/light color interaction
From: Bob H
Date: 19 Jul 2001 23:32:55
Message: <3b57a667@news.povray.org>
"KalleK" <kal### [at] gmxde> wrote in message news:3b56f83e$1@news.povray.org...
> Hi Bob,
> Looks far from simple! I would say it tends to be more realistic (than
> simple).
> Never saw such a good cloud-sun-interaction before!

Sure you have, outside in the fresh air  ;-)  Only joking.

> Maybe the cloud is too spherical, but that can happen by accident.
> And it looks like an artificial cloud in a realistic
> sun-sky-environment - it is too poluted to be just water - a little
> redish.

All that is the simple part.  Just something to show the effect.  Wasn't the
plain white (rgb 1) or "noon" sunlight color for this render, otherwise it
would have been more purplish-gray.
As we all know, clouds are varied beyond the usual meteorology descriptions
seen in drawings showing their types.  Probably why it can be so
fascinating, in both ray trace and real life.
I thought I was onto something, far as making a smoke cloud though, for the
redder sunlight ones.  I wasn't getting the dayglo fluorescent red-orange I
wanted and it looks more like forest fire smoke.

Bob H.