POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Where have all the POVers gone? : Re: Where have all the POVers gone? Server Time
16 May 2024 14:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where have all the POVers gone?
From: Roberto Ferrer de Amorim
Date: 19 Jul 2001 13:05:14
Message: <3b57134a@news.povray.org>
Well, I used to be a POVer, but now I'm more into Blender, specially for
animations... scanline renderers are much faster, and thus make you much
more productive. That explains also the $$$ renderers you mentioned.
If I want (or need) raytracing, I'd still use POV for simple raytraced
images, but if things get more complicated, I'd go with BMRT. Or maybe
LightFlow (although I don't think lightflow is a true/dedicated raytracer
like POV).

I guess that with the long render times raytraced animations (with POV,
BMRT, Virtualight and others) become unfeasible for most users.

I know you asked first, but what do *you* think of it? What might be the
reason?

Best regards,

Roberto "Wolfox" Amorim