POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : My semi-IK Macro working a knee : My semi-IK Macro working a knee Server Time
20 Jul 2024 05:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  My semi-IK Macro working a knee
From: Peter Cracknell
Date: 15 Jul 2001 13:05:05
Message: <3b51cd41@news.povray.org>
Well I don't know if you can call it IK, as it only takes 2 points and finds
a third, but after about 2 hours I managed to produce a macro that takes the
two lengths (upper leg and lower leg in my case) and the co-ordinates off
the waist and foot and produces the knee point.

With that in place I went about animating the foot as if it were running so
that the knee would follow.  All I did was move the foot in a circle
(xpos=sin(clockstuff) ,ypos=cos(clockstuff)) and it produced the following.

There are probably some amazing IK style-running macros/files out there, but
my aim is to produce my own (then I know how to work it!) - has anyone got
any tips on improving this system (does the ankle go in an exact circle or
more of an ellipse?) as I'd like to produce a running man in the end, thanks

Peter Cracknell

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'iktest4.mpg' (479 KB)