POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP Castle (50k) : Re: IRTC WIP Castle (50k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP Castle (50k)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 15 Jul 2001 03:57:57
Message: <3b514d05@news.povray.org>
> I was trying to make the bridge as dirty and realistic as possible - the
> cylinders got the least work - if I get some time I'll dabble with some
> iso's and see what I can make.  I must admit though I don't know what
> 'portacullis' nor 'juxtaposed' mean?

The 'portcullis' is the iron gate that comes down over the main door, the
bars you have there are way too big and give the castle a toy model
appearance. Make the bars a lot smaller and many more of them. Otherwise I
really like the way this is coming! One other thing, what is that thing
sticking out of the roof of the castle? I can't decide if it is a satellite
dish, a weather vain or a bird:-)