POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Biros - WIP : Re: Biros - WIP Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Biros - WIP
From: Bob H
Date: 14 Jul 2001 08:47:41
Message: <3b503f6d@news.povray.org>
"Thomas Lake" <tla### [at] homecom> wrote in message

> > Don't know if I'm vain or not (hee hee), although I do have a photo of a
> > rendering on my wall.  Looks pretty bad being an earlier one and with
both
> > CRT monitor and camera lens distortion.  Just a 20x30 enlargement.  No
> > incredible render times involved.
>
> Hmm a vew questions about making posters though.
>
> 1. Where did you go to have it done?
>
> 2. What size i.e resolution and what image format did you use?

Hope you aren't asking me, since all I did was take the film negatives into
a local film store which sent them to a film lab to do the poster-sized
prints.  My renders were of about the 800x600 to 1024x768 range, I believe,
and you could see the pixels in the final print, so its not a good way to go
considering a monitor usually gets only 1600x1200 max. (aside from the
perspective distortions).

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing what is done to get posters from files
too.  Even if I think I've heard before.

Bob H.