POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Apartment rad (take 2) : Apartment rad (take 2) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Apartment rad (take 2)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 13 Jul 2001 01:53:47
Message: <3b4e8ceb@news.povray.org>
I've replaced that awful 'garbage can' in my last image with an H.R.
Gigeresque alien foetus like thing that I modeled some time ago. I have also
spruced up the apartment a little with more objects, it no longer looks so
much like an institution. By introducing the bright outdoor light that comes
through the slits in the boarded up window I have greatly increased the
number of artefacts, so I will probably need to do another render with
higher settings. Here are the radiosity settings I'm currently using:

pretrace_start 0.01
pretrace_end   0.005
recursion_limit 1
error_bound 0.6
nearest_count 10
count 1000

I could try increasing error_bound but then I would loose the little detail
that I already have in the shadows. Or I could increase the count, what is
the max for count anyway?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bedroom2 2.JPG' (62 KB)