POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Phalanx revisited, with blur : Re: Phalanx revisited, with blur Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Phalanx revisited, with blur
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 10 Jul 2001 01:54:20
Message: <3b4a988c@news.povray.org>
Ooo, I like the Phalanx (the original and this one)!

"David Fontaine" <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote in message
> The landscape is a little featureless, but it already goes at 7pps and
> takes a lot of memory.

Featureless?  David, you're dealing with LEGOs :-)

Cool image...but it seems like the castle should be in the center of the
view.  Hey, castle in the center, with a row of guys on either side!  That'd
look real nifty :-)

Anyways, good job...the focal blur gives it a nice, dramatic touch :-)

...and by the way, what processor do you run it on to get 7 pps?  If you're
getting that on an Athlon or something, there no WAY I'm using focal blur in
my scenes (I'm still on a P2-400, hehe) ;-)

-Ian