POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Directional radiosity : Re: Directional radiosity Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Directional radiosity
From: Tek
Date: 7 Jul 2001 21:17:23
Message: <3b47b4a3@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson <"gregj;-)56590\""@aol.c;-)om> wrote in message
news:3b4768d1@news.povray.org...
> Here's some experimentation with use of radiosity to imply a "light
> source over there". It uses a large inverted sphere with a gradient
> pigment that is black to the left and white to the right.

I did a similar thing using a sky_sphere. What I found is that the brightness of
the object has to be adjusted relative to it's size, so a smaller lightsource
needs to be brighter to have the same effect on the scene (obvious if you think
about it!). Though I prefer using a light_source, as that way you can have
specular highlights and photons.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com