POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Added trace() to Clutter macro : Re: Added trace() to Clutter macro Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Added trace() to Clutter macro
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 7 Jul 2001 18:58:12
Message: <3b479404@news.povray.org>
"David Fontaine" <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote :

> A central point and a ring of six you mean?  They should probably be
> weighted less the farther away.  For overkill you could do another ring
> of twelve around that...

    Well, thinking about it (and admitting that I have no skill at such
things) it would seem that the radius of the object would normally be
enough. If the object is unusually shaped it might be a problem, but for the
most part, if you place an object on an irregular surface, the points where
it touches are what determine the orientation, not the point under the
center.