POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cubeworld sunset : Re: Cubeworld sunset Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cubeworld sunset
From: Tek
Date: 7 Jul 2001 12:43:50
Message: <3b473c46$1@news.povray.org>
David Fontaine <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote in message
> Let's say, on Cubeworld, gravitational attraction always goes
> perpendicular to one of the faces, so at the corners you get gravity
> like this:
>
> >V | | | | |
> __>V | | | |
> ____>V | | |
> ______>V V V
> ______>
> ______>
>
> That's why the atmosphere has sharp corners, and also why it is rather
> uncomfortable for Cubeworld dwellers to venture from face to face... ;)

I like that :)

I've been thinking it would be really cool to create an animation of some of the
inhabitants of Cubeworld traversing the edge. I have an idea for a ship rocking
on the waves, then rocking forwards 90 degrees further and splashing into the
water on the other side! Unfortunately I'm working on a submission for the new
irtc stills round (maybe using Cubeworld, undecided at present), so I don't
expect to be getting enough time to animate anything.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com