POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien artifacts (take 2) : Re: Alien artifacts (take 2) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:13:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien artifacts (take 2)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 6 Jul 2001 14:14:03
Message: <3b45ffeb$1@news.povray.org>
"Peter Cracknell" <pc### [at] lineonenet> wrote in message
> "Thomas Lake" <tla### [at] homecom> wrote in message
> > I've improved the radiosity settings a fair amount here. I'm also
playing
> > around with photons for the first time, though it's not that obvious
here.
> > I've also smoothed out the area light as Christoph pointed out. Oh yeah
> and
> > the textures.
>
> Is the object on the right, by any chance a Rhino model?  If it is (and
> those dotted lines between the spherical object and bits coming out aren't
> intended) then you may want to 'join' all the objects into one.  Ie in
Rhino
> if you split up an object then there are visible lines between the split,
> but if they're joint it's all smooth.  Well hope that makes sense.

Yeah I saw those and I know how to correct them, but I'm not sure Rhino will
allow me to join them. I find that sometimes when you make a model you arn't
able to join two surfaces even though the surfaces have been made just so
that they should join. Also this image took over a day to render so I'll
have to think about it.

> Oh and it looks great, pity the JPEG hurt it a bit (on the red)

Thanks! The first time I saved it I could barely make out the red object, I
had to really decreas the compression before it was presentable, though it
didn't effect the rest of the scene much, I guess it jpeg chose to compress
the red channel more than the others.