POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 1994 a POV picture - 2001 a reality : Re: 1994 a POV picture - 2001 a reality Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 1994 a POV picture - 2001 a reality
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 5 Jul 2001 08:09:02
Message: <3b4458de@news.povray.org>
"Fabien Mosen" <fab### [at] skynetbe> wrote in message

> > Glad you didn't build that round here, it's grotesque.
>
> Please learn the origin and meaning of "grotesque" before issuing
> such comments.

    I think "grotesque" is appropriate... perhaps descriptive of the house
than "hideous" but certainly describes the whole effect in it's setting.
Although I like the idea of the house, it is set in a classic, almost
picturesque neighborhood and I am sure the entire area is made unnatural
seeming because of it. It looks like a piece of industrial waste filtering
machinery that the city forced upon the poor residents.

    If it had been set in a more modern area, or set apart from the cottages
one sees in the background, perhaps it would seem less grotesque and more
"innovative", or "striking". Less rude and intrusive and more artistic.