POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Drum WIP ~74k : Re: Drum WIP ~74k - drum1.jpg Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drum WIP ~74k - drum1.jpg
From: Peter Cracknell
Date: 3 Jul 2001 05:33:04
Message: <3b419150@news.povray.org>
> Good modelling. For the curved top and bottom metl portions (see pic), did
> you sweep a curve along a path or are those lofted?
> Oldstench................

These are actually lofted curves (hence they have no thickness, I haven't
figured that out yet).  When I first saw the drum, I scanned it for any
difficulties - seeing the bent metal rim as the primar problem.

I went away and made a completely out or proportion one to see if it can be
done with lofts.  In simple terms it is 2 circles and a circle with lots of
bits added to them that I raised (the raised bits were 'polar array' and
then joined) - I like finding objects that I think I can't do, it gives me a
real challenge.

Peter Cracknell