POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : MPEG? : Re: MPEG? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 20:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MPEG?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Jul 2001 13:26:51
Message: <3b40aedb@news.povray.org>
In article <3B3FF4FD.7B4AD99F@chorus.net> , Reusser <reu### [at] chorusnet>
wrote:

> I can't stand the complaints every time I post an animation about it
> being in quicktime format.

There is nothing wrong with posting QuickTime if it is compressed small
enough and doesn't waste space like some i.e. AVI movies would.  Just ignore
the complaints and use a subject line like "My animation (800 KB,
QuickTime)" so people who don't have QT can just skip over it (I have not
checked, maybe you already do so).

I suspect this is the major problem because a lot of people still have slow
connections and downloading something big just to find out that they don't
have the player they need installed is very frustrating.  If there are
people who still complain then, post here again and I will lobby for some
official action.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg