POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stacking? : Stacking? Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:15:09 EDT (-0400)
  Stacking?
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 2 Jul 2001 01:26:58
Message: <3b400622@news.povray.org>
This may be a little off topic but I was wondering how it might be possible
to implement a stack in povray? Over the past few days I've been thinking of
developing a maze algorithm for pov. I've done some searching on the net and
from what I can see "depth first search" is a promising algorithm to use.
Unfortunately I have almost no programming ability so it's going to be a
little tricky to implement this. I was thinking of using 2 arrays to create
the maze, one would keep track of the visited cells in the maze and the
other would keep track of the walls. I might then be able to use a depth
first search like method to step through the cells randomly, knocking down
walls as I went. When it was finished I could then build the maze using the
wall array. This would require a stack I believe though. Does this sound
like a promising approach? I really don't know how I'm going to go about
this though, I guess I've got to just jump in and see what happens.

I've got this idea for a maze scene where all the walls of the maze are
lined with outdoor vendor stalls. There would be stalls selling fruit,
trinkets, and anything I could come up with, something reminiscence of the
streets of morocco, I think.