POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wimshurst machine (WIP) : Re: Wimshurst machine (WIP) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wimshurst machine (WIP)
From: Bob H
Date: 1 Jul 2001 19:07:58
Message: <3b3fad4e@news.povray.org>
"John" <wil### [at] dcsglaacuk> wrote in message
> This is my attempt at modelling a Wimshurst electrostatic generator.
> Comments, suggestions for improvements would be welcome. I'm still not
> happy about the texture on the "petals", but I'm not quite sure what to
> do with them. The machine was modelled in Moray.

Maybe you could add reflection_exponent 0.7 or so to finish statement for the wheels
metal petals.
Also some charring along the contact point by using a texture map having the wood or
onion or
spherical pattern; wood pattern can use turbulence best.
It looks like diffuse is too high.  And I am puzzling over the reflection of the stand
because it's
so narrow (in the petals).

> Hopefully I'll post an image of the machine sparking soon, though it's
> going to take about 14 hours to render...

The quality of the render is excellent so that's not surprising.

Bob H.