POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to make an existing object transparent? : Re: How to make an existing object transparent? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make an existing object transparent?
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 1 Jul 2001 12:18:43
Message: <3b3f4d63$1@news.povray.org>
Bob:

Thanks, makes me feel a bit better that it wasn't trivial.

FWIW, I had to change the syntax slightly, here's what I ended up using:

#declare T02 = texture { average texture_map { [T1 T_Wood2  rotate x*90
scale 10 finish { specular 0.15 roughness 0.25 ambient 0.25  } ]
  [T2 pigment {rgbf 1} ] } }

(i.e. the 'texture' keyword in T2 didn't take)

It doesn't 'fade' fast but I can fiddle with that.

I'd been hoping that there was a 'transparency' keyword I was missing (VRML
syntax floating around in my head), but it wouldn't really make sense
actually.

      == John ==

"Bob H." <omn### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> My first reply was totally off, or almost totally.  I checked it out.
Just