POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Watch WIP : Re: Watch WIP Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:10:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watch WIP
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 28 Jun 2001 08:27:07
Message: <3b3b229b@news.povray.org>
Is the crystal reflecting something behind the camera perhaps?  I have found
that the reflection statement in the glass texture to be too much for use
with watch crystals and I typically modify that texture to set reflection to
zero.  Reflections will also come from the interior (dial face) as well,
however I can't tell where you got those stripes.  You can still get the
highlights (without reflection) from lights and the refraction but it lets
the dial come through without the glare.