POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Gold Omega Constellation Watch : WIP Gold Omega Constellation Watch Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  WIP Gold Omega Constellation Watch
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 27 Jun 2001 14:47:45
Message: <3b3a2a51@news.povray.org>
I have been working on this version of an Omega Constellation (18ct 1966)

I am trying to inject more realism into the image.

I will try rendering with Radiosity and Photons next, although the only
effect the photons seem to add is darkening the crystal.  The watch is
sitting (floating) above a simple box with T_Wood6 as the texture and the
background is a large sphere with a hastily drawn "outdoor" scene (looks
like a really bad Monet) and behind the watch is a black/blue colored disc.
The background, tabletop, etc are only there as they seemed "okay" at the
time.  The scene takes about 5 hours on a PIII 1Gig

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this image yet.

Any comments, suggestions, improvements, etc are welcome...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'PiepanDial.jpg' (52 KB)

Preview of image 'PiepanDial.jpg'